FAQ – Cannabis Questions and Answers To Common Queries
An adult (18+) in Alberta is legally allowed to possess up to 30 grams of legally produced dried-cannabis (or the equivalent volume in other forms).
The Government of Canada has developed ratios for other cannabis products that can be used to determine a possession limit for those products.
One (1) gram of dried cannabis is equivalent to:
5 g of fresh cannabis
15 g of edible product
70 g of liquid product
0.25 g of concentrates (solid or liquid)
1 cannabis plant seed
Source: From AGLC Website aglc.ca/cannabis
– Consuming cannabis in/on any motor vehicle is illegal, with the exception of those being used as temporary residences (such as a parked RV).
– Within Canada, you are allowed to transport cannabis in a vehicle, but it must be secured in closed packaging and not within reach of the driver or occupants.
– Travelling with recreational cannabis is allowed within Canada and its provinces, provided it was purchased from a provincially licensed retailer or grown in your own home under current regulations. However, international travel with recreational cannabis is not allowed regardless of your destination.
– Tourists who purchase recreational cannabis in Canada are not allowed to take it across federal borders.
– Carrying any cannabis or cannabis products (legal or illegal) across Canada’s borders will remain a serious criminal offence, with individuals convicted of engaging in such activities liable for prosecution.
THC and CBD are both cannabinoids derived from the cannabis plant, but they’re different in many ways that may influence your next purchase.
An easy way to think about it is that THC is defined by what cannabis makes you feel, while the effects of CBD can’t be felt. The important distinction is that, unlike THC, CBD will not intoxicate you. It also addresses one of the most common reasons people choose to use CBD.
CBD can also block some of the intoxicating effects of THC. By binding to cannabinoid receptors, it will keep THC from activating those receptors. This translates to a less intense psychoactive effect, which is why products with a mix of CBD and THC are great for first-time consumers.
This does not mean that CBD cannot offer an effect. High doses of CBD often produce a profoundly relaxing experience. Like stepping out of a hot tub, your body may feel tingly and relaxed, and your brain may be clear.
Please consult your doctor.
Vaping is, in fact, quite similar to smoking. But unlike smoking, vaping does not require burning or combustion when heated. When an individual vapes cannabis, the active compounds in marijuana are heated at low temperatures.
So, what’s the difference? Since you avoid the combustion associated with smoking, you’re less likely to experience lung irritation or discomfort, making it the ideal way to use cannabis, according to some researchers.
Toxins aren’t released into the respiratory system, which means vaping is a healthy way to reap the benefits of cannabis, too.
When it comes down to edibles vs. smoking, eating your marijuana may be preferable when you want to avoid the discomfort associated with smoking. Since edibles can last up to 12 or more hours, you may want to choose edibles when you want to experience long-lasting effects.
So, what about edibles vs. vaping? While edibles may beat smoking for users looking to reduce throat irritation or potential discomfort, why would someone choose edibles over vaporizers? Since vaporizing requires heat, you may prefer edibles when looking for a safer intake option.
Plus, many individuals boast that edibles are the most discreet way to enjoy cannabis in permitted areas, meaning you won’t attract any unwanted attention when snacking on your marijuana supply.
Disclaimer – This is not to be considered as medical advice. Please consult your doctor.
Health Canada considers this to be medical advice. Please see your doctor for medical advice.
Producers take different processes in handling the product. Certain producers will spend more time and effort such as growing with only sun, growing organically, hand trim etc, small batch growers and craft growers may have a premium price.
Start low and go slow, if you find yourself greening out just remember it will pass. Try chewing on a black peppercorn to help your mind come back down. Almost everyone has experienced this and it’s scary but again will pass with time.